NOW HIRING: SPLASH PAD
17th April 2023
Position Summary: The Splash Pad Employee is responsible for the efficient, accurate and safe operations of the Splash Pad.
Nature and Scope: The Splash Pad Employee is responsible for opening, operating and closing the splash pad. This is a part-time, seasonal position that will range in number of work hours per week. Candidate must have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings and weekends.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Opening and closing the facility on time, with little to no supervision.
2. Collecting and processing various forms of payment, such as entry fee, concession stand sales, and party rental fees.
3. Stocking the concession stand area with drinks and snacks.
4. Operate a cash register and make accurate change.
5. Prepare deposits for daily balancing and inventory checks.
6. Perform CPR or first aid, as necessary. Must be certified in CPR and first aid, prior to hiring.
7. Interact with adults and children in a professional manner.
8. Enforce rules and regulations set by Village Council.
9. Clean all areas of the splash pad, including but not limited to, all restrooms, concession areas, concreate areas within the splash pad, tables and chairs.
10. Mow and Weed inside the splash pad area.
11. Check, administer and record chemical testing to assure levels are within the State of Ohio and Perry County Health Department's required levels.
12. Backwash and clean equipment so that it performs efficiently.
13. Understand how to use and maintain the equipment required to operate splash pad.
14. Making continuous improvements to the splash pad process to increase efficiency.
15. Serving customers who have a large variety of complaints and are sometimes difficult.
16. Being patient and work through problems to find solutions.
17. Handle increased counter traffic and telephone calls while attempting to maintain an exceptional level of safety and customer service during peak hours.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Knowledge of office equipment such as calculators, cash registers and online calendars.
Maintain a working knowledge of the Village of Roseville department rules and regulations to respond to customer inquiries.
Provide excellent customer service.
Exhibit math, organizational and problem solving skills.
First aid and CPR certifications.
Must be 18 years of age.